Formulation and Evaluation of Oral Fast Dissolving Film of Bisoprolol Fumarate
Keywords:Bisoprolol fumarate, Fast dissolving film, Physical characterization, disintegration study, In-vitro drug release study, Solvent casting method
The present work aimed to prepare fast dissolving film of bisoprolol fumarate with the reason of developing a dosage from, for a very fast onset of action, the film were prepared by solvent casting method with polymers. The compatibility study between drug and physical mixture was performed by FT-IR. The film were characterized for various physicochemical properties such as, physical appearance-Transparent, surface texture, weight uniformity, thickness, folding endurance, disintegration time, tensile strength, % elongation, drug content, in-vitro drug release study, SEM Study shows smooth surface and Stability study indicate the good observation. All parameter shows better results. A marked increase in the disintegration time was exhibited by fast dissolving time formulation. The fast dissolving film of bisoprolol fumarate can be considered suitable for clinical use. The prepared film proved to be potential candidate for safe and effective fast dissolving drug delivery.
Chandran C S, Shijith KV, Vipin, Augusthy A R. Chitosan Based Mucoadhesive Buccal Patches Containing Bisoprolol Fumarate. Int J Adv Pharm Bio Chem. 2013;2(3): 465-469.
Telrandhe R. Nanotechnology for cancer therapy: Recent development. Eur J Pharm Med Res. 2016;3(11): 284-294.
Gurdale M S, Lade M S, Payghan S A, Disouza J L. Fast dissolving HPMC E5 based oral film for rapid absorption of metoprolol tartrate. 2014;1(1): 75-91.
Telrandhe R, Mahapatra D K, Kamble M A. Bombax ceiba thorn extract mediated synthesis of silver nanoparticles: Evaluation of anti-staphylococcus aures activity. Int J Pharm Drug Anal. 2017;5(9): 376-379.
Gorle A, Patil G. Design, Development and evaluation of fast dissolving film of amplodipine besylate. Int J ChemTech Res. 2017;10(4): 334-344.
Shende V, Telrandhe R. Formulation and evaluation of Tooth Gel from Aloe vera leaves extract. Int J Pharm Drug Anal. 2017;5(10):394-398.
Pallavi K, Pallavi T. Formulation and evaluation of fast dissolving films of eletriptan hydrobromide. Int J Cur Pharm Res. 2017;9(2): 59-63.
Deshmukh P, Telrandhe R, Gunde M. Formulation and Evalua-tion of Herbal Toothpaste: Compared With Marketed Preparation. Int J Pharm Drug Anal. 2017;5(10): 406-410.
Thonte S S, Pentewar R S, Bhusnure O G, Gholve S B, Giram P S, Khadkutkar V K. Formulation and evaluation of oral fast dissolving film of levosalbutamol sulphate. World J Pharm Res. 2017;6(7): 1298-1318.
Trivedi L, Telrandhe R, Dhabarde D. Differential spectrophotometric method for estimation and valida-tuion of Verapamil in Tablet dosage form. Int J Pharm Drug Anal. 2017;5(11): 419-422.
Jahangir M A, Saleem M A, Patel H R, Kazmi I, Muheem A, Ahmad K. formulation and evaluation of oral fast dissolving films of levocetirizine. World J Pharm Pharm Sci. 2014;3(9): 1310-1323.
Rothekar H, Telrandhe R, Jumade P. Development and validation of RP-HPLC method for simultaneous determination of rosuvastatin and clopidogrel in tablet dosage form. Int J Pharm Drug Anal. 2017;5(12): 475-482.
Telrandhe R. Novel UV-Spectropphotometry and RP-HPLC Method for the Simultaneous Estimation of Rosuvastatin and Clopidogrel in Tablet Dosage Form: Method Development and Validation. Inventi Rapid: Pharm Analysis & Quality Assurance, 2018(1):1-9, 2017.
Londhe V, Umalkar K B. Formulation development and evaluation of fast dissolving film of telmisartan. Indian J Pharm Sci. 2012;74(2): 91-188.
Buddhadev S, Buddhadev S. Formulation and evalution of fast dissolving film of etophylline. Int J App Pharm Bio Res. 2017;2(2): 48-55.
Kadam V S, Bharkad V B, Shete G A, Jameel A, Shendarkar G R, Jadhav S V. Formulation and evaluation of fast dissolving oral film of metoclopramide HCL. World J Pharm Pharm Sci. 2017;6(8): 2052-2066.
RaghavendraRao N G, Kistayya C, Kumar G V. Design and development of fast dissolving thin films of losartan potassium. Int J Pharm Sci Drug Res. 2016;8(1): 01-06.
Thonte S S, Pentewar R S, Bhusnure O G, Gholve S B, Gaikwad V M, Pujdekar A A. Folmulation and evaluation of oral fast dissolving film of glipizide. World J Pharm Res. 2017;6(7): 1279-1297.
How to Cite
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.
Most read articles by the same author(s)
- Pavan Deshmukh, Roshan Telrandhe, Mahendra Gunde, Formulation and Evaluation of Herbal Toothpaste: Com-pared With Marketed Preparation , International Journal of Pharmaceutics and Drug Analysis: Volume-5, Issue-10, October-2017
- Vaibhav Shende, Roshan Telrandhe, Formulation and Evaluation of Tooth Gel from Aloe vera leaves extract , International Journal of Pharmaceutics and Drug Analysis: Volume-5, Issue-10, October-2017
- Leena Trivedi, Roshan Telrandhe, Disha Dhabarde, Differential spectrophotometric method for estimation and validation of Verapamil in Tablet dosage form , International Journal of Pharmaceutics and Drug Analysis: Volume-5, Issue-11, November-2017
- Harshana Rothekar, Roshan Telrandhe, Prasad Jumade, Development and Validation of RP-HPLC Method For Simultaneous De-termination Of Rosuvastatin And Clopidogrel In Tablet Dosage Form , International Journal of Pharmaceutics and Drug Analysis: Volume-5, Issue-12, December-2017
- Roshan Telrandhe , Debarshi Kar Mahapatra , Manish A. Kamble , Bombax ceiba thorn extract mediated synthesis of silver nanoparticles: Evaluation of anti - Staphylococcus aureus activity , International Journal of Pharmaceutics and Drug Analysis: Volume-5, Issue-9, September-2017
- Neha Nikhade, Roshan Telrandhe, Mojabir Ansari, A Review of Natural Antioxidants In Medicinal Plants , International Journal of Pharmaceutics and Drug Analysis: Volume-7, Issue-2, February-2019