Formulation and Evaluation of Herbal Toothpaste: Com-pared With Marketed Preparation
Keywords:Herbal ingredient, toothpaste, anti-bacterial, dental, ZOI, Comparative study
The aimed of current research to formulate herbal toothpaste utilizing plant extract like Neem leaves, Guava leaves, Cinnamon bark other ingredient are Camphor, Honey. The plant extract ingredient posses the anti-bacterial. The herbal toothpaste formulated which can satisfy all the required condition to keep the mouth fresh and prevent tooth decay by bacteria. The formulated herbal toothpaste compared with marketed preparation. Physical examination: Colour-greenish brown, smooth in nature, relative density-10.2, pH-8.2, Extrudability-90.37, spredability- Good and stable formulation. The anti-microbial evaluation against Staphylococcus aureus reveal that formulated herbal tooth paste exhibited notable activity with ZOI of 19.7 mm at MIC of 25?g/mL. the outcome of this research herbal toothpaste shows equal patronizing and engrossing passion over the marketed preparation it was consider after the comparing the marketed preparation(Colgate, Dabour Red, Dantkanti) with formulated herbal toothpaste. It has been good scope in future dental research and detal health of public.
George J, Hegde S, KS R, Kumar A. The efficacy of a herbal-based toothpaste in the control of plaque and gingivitis: A clinico-biochemical study. Indian J Dent Res. 2009;20(4): 480-482.
Siswomihardjon W, Badawi S S, Nishimura M. The difference of antibacterial effect of neem leaves and stick extracts. Int Chin J Dent. 2007;7: 27-29.
Prashant GM, Chandu GN, Murulikrishna KS, Shafiulla MD. The effect of mango and neem extract on four organisms causing dental caries: Streptococcus mutant, streptococcus salivavivus, streptococcus mitis, and streptococcus sanguis: An in vitro study. Indian J Dent Res. 2007;18(4): 148-151.
Shah S, Venkataraghavan K, Choudhary P, Mohammad S, Trivedi K, Shah S G. Evaluation of antimicrobial effect of azadirachtin plant extract (SoluneemTM) on commonly found root canal pathogenic microorganisms (viz. Enterococcus faecalis) in primary teeth: A microbiological study. J Indian Soc Pedo Prev Dent. 2016;34(3): 210-216.
Telrandhe R. Nanotechnology for cancer therapy: Recent developments. Eur J Pharm Med Res. 2016;3(11): 284-294.
Singh K, Singh P, Oberoi G. Comparative studies between herbal toothpaste (dantkanti) and non-herbal tooth paste. Int J Dent Res. 2016;4(2): 53-56.
Kokate C K, Purohit A P, Pharmacognosy,4th edn, Nirali Prakashan ; 11 : 81-94.
Shende V, Telrandhe R. Formulation and evaluation of Tooth Gel from Aloe vera leaves extract. Int J Pharm Drug Analysis. 2017;5(10): 394-398.
Telrandhe R, Mahapatra D K, Kamble M A. Bombax ceiba thorn extract mediated synthesis of silver nanoparticles: Evaluation of anti-staphylococcus aureus activity. Int J Pharm Drug Analysis. 2017;5(9): 376-379.
T Mangilal, M Ravikumar. Preparation and Evaluation Of Herbal Toothpaste And Compared With Commercial Herbal Toothpastes: An Invitro Study. Int J Ayu Herb Med. 2016; 3(6): 2266-2273.
How to Cite
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.
Most read articles by the same author(s)
- Vaibhav Shende, Roshan Telrandhe, Formulation and Evaluation of Tooth Gel from Aloe vera leaves extract , International Journal of Pharmaceutics and Drug Analysis: Volume-5, Issue-10, October-2017
- Somesh Bawane, Roshan Telrandhe, Dr. S. D. Pande, Formulation and Evaluation of Oral Fast Dissolving Film of Bisoprolol Fumarate , International Journal of Pharmaceutics and Drug Analysis: Volume-6, Issue-2, February-2018
- Leena Trivedi, Roshan Telrandhe, Disha Dhabarde, Differential spectrophotometric method for estimation and validation of Verapamil in Tablet dosage form , International Journal of Pharmaceutics and Drug Analysis: Volume-5, Issue-11, November-2017
- Harshana Rothekar, Roshan Telrandhe, Prasad Jumade, Development and Validation of RP-HPLC Method For Simultaneous De-termination Of Rosuvastatin And Clopidogrel In Tablet Dosage Form , International Journal of Pharmaceutics and Drug Analysis: Volume-5, Issue-12, December-2017
- Roshan Telrandhe , Debarshi Kar Mahapatra , Manish A. Kamble , Bombax ceiba thorn extract mediated synthesis of silver nanoparticles: Evaluation of anti - Staphylococcus aureus activity , International Journal of Pharmaceutics and Drug Analysis: Volume-5, Issue-9, September-2017
- Neha Nikhade, Roshan Telrandhe, Mojabir Ansari, A Review of Natural Antioxidants In Medicinal Plants , International Journal of Pharmaceutics and Drug Analysis: Volume-7, Issue-2, February-2019