Formulation and Evaluation of Tooth Gel from Aloe vera leaves extract
Keywords:Aloe vera, leaves extract, tooth gel, dental, anti-microbial, ZOI, herbal
The aimed of current research to formulate tooth gel utilizing leaf extract of Aloe vera. In multiple clinical studies, Aloe vera has used in dentistry for wound-healing effect, gingivitis, plaque control and curing oral mucosal lesions. Aloe vera is natural, ancient ingredient. The formulated Aloe vera tooth gel evaluated by physical examination: Colour-yellowish brown, Appearance-Homogeneous, smooth nature, Transparency-translucent and Relative density-10.5, No microbial growth in sample plate, pH-7.5, Viscosity-3100cp, Extrudability amount percent-91.33, Spreadability-6.5cm/sec and obsereved good stability. The anti-microbial evaluation against Staphylococcus aureus reveal that formulated aloe vera tooth gel exhibited notable activity with ZOI of 19.5 mm at MIC of 25?g/mL. The outcome from this research evidently signified that the natural plant Aloe vera using to formulate tooth gel may be a new approach to formulate tooth gel economically and minimum side effect than synthetic formulation and good scope in future about dental research in natural remedies.
Tambe R, Kulkarni M, Joice A, Gilani I. Formulation and evaluation of Aloe vera gels. J Pharm Res. 2009;2(10): 1588-1590.
Devi D L, Srinivas B, Rao B N. An evaluation Antimicrobial Activity of Aloe barbadensis Miller(Aloe vera) Gel Extract. J Pharm Biomed Sci. 2012;21(03): 1-4.
Katiyar A, Prajapati S K, Akhtar A, Vishwakarma S K. Int Res J Pharm. 2012;3(10): 143-148.
Carac A, Boscencu R, Patriche S, Dinica R M, Carac G, Gird C E. Antioxidant and Antimicrobial Potential of Extracts from Aloe vera Leaves. Rev Chim(Burcharest). 2016;4(67): 654-658.
Telrandhe R. Nanotechnology for cancer therapy: Recent developments. Eur J Pharm Med Res. 2016;3(11): 284-294.
Chalke T, Sharma K, Nagare S K, Jirge. Formulation and Evaluation of Punica Topical Gel for its Content of Gallic Acid and Anti-Microbial Study. Int J Drug Delivery Tech. 2016;6(3): 75-78.
George D, Bhat S S, Antony B. Comparative evaluation of the antimicrobial efficacy of aloe vera tooth gel and two popular commercial toothpastes: An in vitro study. Dental material Gen Dentistry. 2009: 238-241.
Khare C P. Encyclopedia Indian Med Plants. 43-45.
Partha N, Snigdha P, Laxmidhar M. Formulation development and in vitro evaluation of dental gel con-taining ethanol extract of Tephrosia purpurea linn. Int J Pharm Pharm Sci. 2016;8(8): 132-141.
Dwivedi S, Gupta S. Formulation and evaluation of herbal gel containing Sesbania grandiflora (L) poir leaf extract. Acta Chim Pharm Indica. 2012;2(1): 54-59.
Negi A, Sharma N, Singh M F. Formulation and evaluation an herbal anti-inflammatory gel containing Eupatorium leaves extract. J Pharmacognosy Phytochem. 2012;1(4): 112-116.
Telrandhe R, Mahapatra D K, Kamble M A. Bombax ceiba thorn extract mediated synthesis of silver nanoparticles: Evaluation of anti- Staphylococcus aureus activity. Int J Pharm Drug Analysis. 2017;5(9): 376-379.
Bauer A W, Kirby W M, Sherris J C, Turch M. Antibiotic susceptibility testing by a standardized single disc method. 1966;45(4): 493-496.
How to Cite
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.
Most read articles by the same author(s)
- Pavan Deshmukh, Roshan Telrandhe, Mahendra Gunde, Formulation and Evaluation of Herbal Toothpaste: Com-pared With Marketed Preparation , International Journal of Pharmaceutics and Drug Analysis: Volume-5, Issue-10, October-2017
- Somesh Bawane, Roshan Telrandhe, Dr. S. D. Pande, Formulation and Evaluation of Oral Fast Dissolving Film of Bisoprolol Fumarate , International Journal of Pharmaceutics and Drug Analysis: Volume-6, Issue-2, February-2018
- Leena Trivedi, Roshan Telrandhe, Disha Dhabarde, Differential spectrophotometric method for estimation and validation of Verapamil in Tablet dosage form , International Journal of Pharmaceutics and Drug Analysis: Volume-5, Issue-11, November-2017
- Harshana Rothekar, Roshan Telrandhe, Prasad Jumade, Development and Validation of RP-HPLC Method For Simultaneous De-termination Of Rosuvastatin And Clopidogrel In Tablet Dosage Form , International Journal of Pharmaceutics and Drug Analysis: Volume-5, Issue-12, December-2017
- Roshan Telrandhe , Debarshi Kar Mahapatra , Manish A. Kamble , Bombax ceiba thorn extract mediated synthesis of silver nanoparticles: Evaluation of anti - Staphylococcus aureus activity , International Journal of Pharmaceutics and Drug Analysis: Volume-5, Issue-9, September-2017
- Neha Nikhade, Roshan Telrandhe, Mojabir Ansari, A Review of Natural Antioxidants In Medicinal Plants , International Journal of Pharmaceutics and Drug Analysis: Volume-7, Issue-2, February-2019
- Rahul Langde, Vaibhav Shende, Dhammadip C. Nandgaye, Literature Survey On Influence Of Mobile Waves On Rats , International Journal of Pharmaceutics and Drug Analysis: Volume-7, Issue-10, October-2019